Noran Neurological Clinic has been serving the Greater Minneapolis-St Paul Area for the past 40 years. We are proud to be one of the Star Tribune's Top Workplaces for our 7th year in a row!
This position is Monday through Friday and will rotate between our Minneapolis and Lake Elmo locations.
Responsible for managing neurological health problems and coordinating care in accordance with the state and federal rules and regulations including assessment of neurological health concerns, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status. Clinical management is conducted in collaboration with Noran Neurological Clinic neurologists and other healthcare team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physicals for acute and chronically ill neurological patients
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests relative to the patient’s age-specific needs
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment modalities
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions and plan of care
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals
- Collaborates with the primary neurologist of each patient
- Provides high level patient/family education and counseling
- Performs office procedures including but not limited to trigger point injections and occipital nerve blocks
- Performs phone and email triage as well as reviewing medication refill requests
- Completes documentation which includes but is not limited to office visit notes, phone notes, medication refills, and narrative reports
- Promotes a proactive role in quality improvement by taking part in evidence-based policies, procedures/protocols, and best practice models/guidelines
Education and Licenses Required:
- Minnesota Licensed Registered Nurse & Licensed Nurse Practitioner
- DEA License to prescribe medication
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org